8 Ways to Convince Your Boss to Invest in Video Marketing
I came across this article 8 Ways to Convince Your Boss to Invest in Video Marketing from my friends at Linkedin and really just want to highlight the points to show you how website videos are continually growing on the internet.
1. Social Media is more social with video.
See a recent report by Brafton Media that indicates that online video is the key driver to effective social marketing and that social media marketing with video should be a priority initiative for marketers in 2013.
2. Video generates higher engagement.
According to Facebooks best-practices guide, posts including a video generate about 100% more engagement than the average post.
3. Video viewing drives purchase behavior.
According to Internet Retailer, over 50% of the people who watch online videos claim that those videos make them more confident about buying a product. This same report also stated that visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not.
4. Quality video impacts customer perceptions and behaviors.
A 2012 study by Unrly media found that viewers who enjoyed the video they watched demonstrated 139% higher brand association, 97% higher purchase intent, 35% higher brand favorability, and 14% higher brand recall than their counterparts who did not enjoy the video.
5. Professionally produced video content is good… and so is User Generated.
Comscore released a study that looked at the sales effectivenees of professionally produced videos. Not surprising was the lift in preference for both featured products and the Brands total line was 25% higher after watching the professionally produced video.
6. Video helps your site with SEO.
A post by Jeremy Scott at REELSEO claims that videos in universal search results have a 41% higher click through rate than their plain text counterparts.
7. Adding digital video to a TV media plan is very effective.
Comscore has released a study looking at the effectiveness of traditional broadcast advertising and online ad buying. Key findings indicate adding a digital video component to a TV media plan can increase reach very efficiently.
8. Video adoption metrics.
There’s a wealth of statistical information concerning the adoption of video and some of these trends may be relevant to your business. It’s always best to lead with direct evidence, but if that isn’t enough here is a list of trends and stats that you can overwhelm your boss with:
- Youtube attracts a kazillion* viewers a month and a bazillion* videos are uploaded every second. (*estimates)
- 22% of small businesses plan to post a video to YouTube in the next 12 months.
- Rich media ads with video generate 6 times as many post-ad site visits as standard banner ads.
- Over 90% of advertisers plan to use VANs (video advertising networks) in the coming year.
- 87% of brand and agency marketers use video for content marketing.
- 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of video marketing in the next year.
- Online video has taken the lead from television viewing (84% to 83%) in a recent survey conducted by Nielsen.
- 7 out of 10 B2B marketers use online video. Up 35% from last year.
- 40% of all QR codes take the user to some kind of video content.
- Click-thru rates rose 7% to 13& when the word ‘video’ was included in the subject line.
- Forbes Magazine published a report stating 65% of Senior Executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video online.
- By 2015 Google predicts that over 50% of all display ads will be rich media ads.
We at Effortless Video are researching these subjects weekly and want to help local businesses in United Kingdom grow in their video presence and visibility.